We are pioneers of change, providing circular economy solutions
for the fashion and textile industries.
consumed annually on a global scale in the textile industry.
Water is a highly utilized resource in the fashion industry. Some estimates indicate that manufacturing a single cotton T-shirt requires 2,700 liters of freshwater, equivalent to what an individual would typically drink over two and a half years.
discarded in mixed waste streams within the European Union countries alone.
The way people dispose of clothing has also changed, with many garments being discarded rather than donated. Between 2000 and 2015, clothing production doubled, while usage decreased by 36%, leading to a shortened lifespan of textile products. European citizens annually consume nearly 26 kg of textile products and dispose of around 11 kg. Used garments can be exported outside the EU, but mostly, they are incinerated or sent to landfills (87%).
in emissions generated by textile products consumed in the EU.
Over 70% of emissions generated by the fashion industry come from upstream activities, particularly the production, preparation, and processing of high-energy-intensity raw materials. The remaining 30% is generated by downstream activities such as transportation, packaging, retail operations, use, and end-of-life disposal.
Source: © 2022 McKinsey & Company and Global Fashion Agenda | European Environment Agency